Here some of the more interesting events I've enjoyed
www.charlesegerton.com

Stand-Up Comedy

For about eight years, starting in 1998, I thought I was funny. I was proved wrong many times in those eight years, but what an experience. I took to the stage for the excitement and recharge my creativity. I had some great times, traveled, got paid (rare in a hobby), and made some good friends. I learned a lot about writing, public speaking and performance. Comedy can really change the way you see things. I don't think it was a waste of time. My niece may disagree. I missed her being crowned Trimble County homecoming queen in 2005, because I was in Elizabethtown Kentucky MCing a show of about 12 people. It was tough to quit. There's an old joke that goes, “What's the difference between comedy and heroin? You can quit heroin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment